October 31, 2015

COCOON-SHAPED SWEATER & PLEATED SKIRT


My favourite month is October. Why? All of the good things come out to play this month - Starbuck's pumpkin spice latte (it's all over my Snapchat @lovebtwtheracks), colourful fall leaves, pumpkins, Halloween, and most of all, the wardrobe transition from summer to fall. 

Today, I styled this merino wool sweater with a long pleated skirt. The subtle cocoon-shaped silhouette sits perfectly long over this fluid skirt, giving my body that tall, lean look. It is difficult to style my body type with cocoon-shaped sweaters without making your figure look short and stumpy. When it comes to turtlenecks, I like to look for a drapey mockneck and a knit that is extra fine like this merino wool. Why? My neck tends to look short with a thicker knit with a fuller and more structured collar. Do any of you feel the same way? 

Happy Halloween! 

 Wilfred sweater | Babaton skirt | Vince loafers (similar here) | Val-erie cuff 


Get the look:







Photos by Brian Ngo

No comments:

Post a Comment