June 1, 2015

NUDE-TRALS


I wore this outfit to my interview at Holt Renfrew with Barbara Atkin, Fashion Director. Who would have thought that these culottes would be a conversation starter that got the ball rolling faster between us and mutually excited. She tells me about the dilemma some buyers have when buying culottes because they feel their Asian customers will not give the trousers a chance and will turn away from it. So I tell her that it is the job of sales associates and stylists to educate their customers and show them how to style them and make it work for every body shape. I understand exactly what every woman is thinking when they see culottes. I felt the same too and thought it would look ridiculous on me (because I'm extra petite). So high heels are mandatory for me when I'm pulling off this look. It gives me the additional height and elongation so I don't look super short and stumpy. Thus, the discussion about the Club Monaco culottes I wore will always be in the back of Barbara's mind whenever she has a culotte talk with any lucky person who brings up a conversation about culottes.

Chanel wallet w/ chain / Burberry sunglasses / Oak + Fort necklace





Photos by Vivian Chin

3 comments:

  1. I love this! You look so so chic.

    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit! And I love those shoes! :)
    The metal heels look awesome! :)
    Geekette in High Heels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning look. :)


    www.selestyme.com

    ReplyDelete