February 27, 2015

HOW TO MAKE MAXI DRESSES WORK FOR WINTER

 French Connection UK crop jacket (old) / Club Monaco dress (old) / Alexander Wang boots (old)
Club Monaco scarf / Club Monaco gloves

I had a "I have nothing to wear" moment this week, so I rummaged through my spring/summer wardrobe that I stored away in two large-sized luggages in my closet. It was very exciting going through my colourful collection and had an instant inspiration with an old timeless maxi dress I resuscitate every now and then. So that's when I had the thought, "how do I make this work for winter?" 

Here's how: 
Layers, layers, layers. It's cold out, so layering up is the only way to brave the frigid weather. Begin with the star piece, the maxi dress. Then style it with a jacket, sweater or cardigan. I did this crop jacket to elongate my petite body because a long jacket would be overwhelming. Next, protect your legs. Stay warm with nude, sheer or opaque tights - whichever you're in the mood for. Lastly, keep your feet toasty with ankle booties, knee-high or even a pair of oxfords if there isn't much snow on the grounds.

P.S. don't forget to bundle up with a scarf and hat!


Shop the look here:




Photos by Brian Ngo

4 comments:

  1. lovely
    Hi dear, you can sell and resell, items of any kind in http://www.dressrug.com/ with very low rate

    listing is free. more details on the dressrug.com .

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I never even thought to rock a maxi dress in the winter. I absolutely love how you styled this.

    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Shannon, I'm so happy that I've inspired you with this maxi dress idea. I hope to inspire you more with great ideas I have coming soon. Have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Melody! It would be wonderful if I could sell pieces I don't wear anymore and have someone else resuscitate it. ~Xoxo

    ReplyDelete