January 8, 2014

WAT




In Thai, "Wat" means temple. Wat-Tri Mit Wit Thayaram is one of the most popular tourist destinations because of the attractive golden exterior and the Golden Buddha statue situated on the top floor was made entirely of pure gold. The temple is visited everyday by hundreds of visitors offering their prayers and donations to the Buddha. 

The last two photos below are taken at the Wat Sraket. The temple is located next to the Golden Mount and is completely quiet inside with almost no visitors. The architecture is stunning and was once served as a crematorium. 

Helpful tip: Dress appropriately when entering a Buddhist temple. Mini skirts, shorts and sleeveless tops are not allowed. Take your shoes off before going inside the hall of worship. Ladies must not on any account touch a Buddhist monk, give things direct to him or receive things direct from him.

Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day!


Stay Fabulous

Follow on Bloglovin


6 comments:

  1. These pictures are amazing!! Beautiful outfit!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren, you are always so kind and so supportive. I adore you sweetie! Xoxo <3

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos! You look great and i see you are having fun. Nice!

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Busola! I had lots of fun on my Asia adventures. I still have so much to see and can't wait to make it all come true some day =) Happy new year babe!

      Delete
  3. Want to go but political unrest has me nervous. Hope it hasn't been a problem. Nice pics. Have you tried Cambodia yet?Beautiful French architecture. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting my blog. I was there when the march actually happened but I went to the floating market to avoid the fiasco. As for Cambodia, I flew out to Siem Reap a few days after which you could find here: http://www.lovebetweentheracks.com/2013/12/wrapped-around-siem-reap.html I loved it! I'm happy that you enjoyed my photos. Chat soon!

      Delete