January 5, 2014

FLOAT



 Damnoen Saduak Floating market is the largest and most popular floating market in the Ratchaburi Province. One of every travel bug's bucket list is to witness the river packed floating market with wooden boats overflowing with fruits and vegetables and ready-to-eat meals. The scene is just what you would expect from a Thai floating market. It is approximately 100km away from Bangkok and is best accessed by any local tour found around Khaosan Road. Khaosan Road is the top destination and gathering for all backpackers. You will find many package tour agencies, street markets, pubs and bars, cheap booze and massages and pad thai vendors all around. I paid more than double for this tour offered by my hotel so avoid this mistake and find a tour agency on the streets around Khaosan Road. 

The weather was perfect and I opted for long trousers because I did not want to be eaten alive by mosquitoes and red ants. Also, bring along your camera and bargaining skills for local souvenirs.

Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day.


Stay Fabulous

Follow on Bloglovin


14 comments:

  1. I love all of your photos! It looks like you had a wonderful time at this market!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren, I did have a wonderful time at the market. I'm really happy that you enjoyed my pictorial tour. Xoxo

      Delete
  2. lovely post. thanks for letting us have a virtual tour with you. :)

    Sadia Malik's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Sadia, I'm very happy that you enjoyed this post. Stay tune for more posts like this. Xoxo~

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed this post. The photos are great and I learned a lot. Thanks for sharing your experience.

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very happy that I could share my experience with you and that you've learned something from it =)
      More to come darling, xoxo~

      Delete
  4. Wauw, beautiful blog! You are so pretty!
    Thank you for your comment on my blog! I follow you now, hope you'll follow back :-)

    Love Anne-Sofie
    www.life-a-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or GFC dosen't work, but i'll try again later, okay? :-)

      Delete
    2. It works now! Sorry for the error message. You could try again now, thanks love <3

      Delete
  5. OMG you're so freaking pretty!
    Follow for follow on GFC? let me know!

    xx
    - behindtheattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following<3
      When I try "Join this site" it says: "We're sorry... We were unable to handle your request. Please try again or return a bit later."

      I'll try again later!

      Delete
    2. It works now! Sorry for the error. You could try again now, thanks love =)

      Delete
  6. love this place so much! i miss thailand >.<
    a great place to visit :D

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree Putri, everything about Thailand is beautiful. Thank you for visiting my blog <3

      Delete