August 1, 2013

My Favourites: August Edition

Wow it is already August and this summer is passing by so quickly. And it is also that time of the month where I've picked and planned, sniffed and touched my way through hundreds of items and determined the following 10 items to be my favourites for this month. Here we go! 

I use this Hydramucine Treating Lotion religiously in my daily regime after cleansing and exfoliating my face. This bottle right here in the photo is in salon size so I'd pour it into a spray bottle and either spray it onto my fingertips and spread it onto my face evenly or apply it with a cotton pad. I ordered this giant bottle from my facial friend whom I get regular facials from so you may have to order this online because they don't sell it in stores. It is always important to apply a toner to your face after you've cleansed and exfoliated to minimize your pores as well help restore and rehydrate dehydrated skin. The light fragrant smell is refreshing and perfect for all skin types.

This lightweight, oil-free Make Up Forever HD Microperfecting Primer goes on smooth onto your skin. I have very sensitive skin so anything I use will cause a reaction to it immediately. However this primer didn't cause any imperfections on my skin and I am still using it 2 years from now. It comes in six color correcting shades and one transparent shade which I am using right now. You could wear it alone or with foundation. Some girls I know like to wear it alone as it gives them that glow they can't achieve alone without makeup. Apply a dime-size quantity for your whole face and trust me, a little goes a long way. Apply it on fresh clean face before applying your foundation and you'll notice a huge difference. Think of it as a protective layer for your skin, you will notice how smooth and easy your foundation feels gliding across your face. It will make you look less cakey and trust me when I say this because your girlfriends and especially your boyfriend are be too scared to tell you this and you don't want to be known as the girl who doesn't know how to apply makeup. 

I absolutely love this highlighter by Anastasia Beverly Hills and it is the perfect color to contour my brow bone and brighten up my eye features. It isn't highly pigmented if you're looking for a more subtle look. You could also use it on your waterline and corner of your eyes to make your eyes look bigger. It's something I like to keep in my purse. 

I discovered this Pond's face cleanser by my cousin in Vietnam. I moved around a lot while I was traveling around Vietnam and forgot to pack my cleanser with me one time so I had no choice but to use my cousin's at the time. Knowing how sensitive my skin was, I had to use something to clean my face. Truthfully, I've never went a day without cleaning my face. Then that day changed my daily regime, I loved how smooth and clean my face felt after and especially how the cream foams up when rubbed onto your face with a little water. Apply half of a dime-size and let it work its magic. Also, it has a whitening formula to brighten and even out your skin tone. Well everything in Asia has a whitening formula, unlike Western countries where tanning overrules. 

It's summer so you may want to watch and protect those dry cracked heels from worn out feet from all that standing and walking in heels and sandals. This Heel Tastic roll-on stick applies on easily and it really does what it promises. My cracked heels disappeared the next day after one overnight use. The commercial says it is also great for rough knees, dry, itchy elbows and cuticles but I haven't tried that yet plus I don't want to mix my products which I used on my feet already. (Haha!)

This is my third time trying another brand of liquid foundation. Previously, I used the Make Up Forever  HD Invisible Cover Foundation and MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 foundation and powdered foundation by bareMinerals Matte Foundation Spectrum SPF 15. The two liquid foundation I've used before were great and the loose powdered foundation wasn't my type of coverage. I prefer liquid as powder can look cakey sometimes on bad skin days. I am in love with flawless, lightweight coverage by Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In Place Makeup. I apply it sparingly across my face in the morning and I can feel confident knowing that my foundation is still there into the night without smudging or come off on my clothes. From my experience, this foundation is oil-proof, sweat-proof and heat-proof. Surprisingly I usually opt for foundation with some SPF but I'll definitely buy this again after I'm finished with it and be sure to apply SPF protection before applying this on. 

I was told to keep my blonde ombre intact with purple shampoo so I did some research and found these two. I'm glad I did my research, otherwise my hair would be brassy by now after four and half weeks. My hair still looks fresh and I can go another four weeks without touching it up. 

Kerastase Elixir Ultime serum has been great to use on my super dry, colour processed, and frizz-prone hair. It has a nice fragrant and feels much lighter on my hair than the Moroccan Oil treatment. It may be on the pricier side but well worth the purchase especially if you've got damaged dry hair like mine. I use it before blow drying to smooth out the ends of my hair then again after I've finished styling my hair. 



I live on this every single day of my life. This Lancome Bi-Facil Non-Oily Instant Cleanser for Sensitive Eyes cleanses off your eye makeup instantly. Most women get confused and try to cleanse their eye make up with the same cleanser for their face. However the eye area is very sensitive and needs special attention and conditioning especially when removing eye makeup. Look for non-oily eye makeup removers. The ingredients of this remover activates when shaken to gently whisk away harsh make up and even waterproof eye makeup. This product is ideal for sensitive skin and contact lens wearers like myself. It removes everything and leaves no oily residue. You'll thank me once you've tried this baby out!

Lastly, the number one find on my top ten list is this stunning gold History of Whoo Luxury Lipstick my boyfriend got for me on his trip to Asia. The History of Whoo is a luxurious Korean makeup/skincare brand and it is quite pricey for just a lipstick like this one. I am using #42 Red and #25 Coral and they are my only favourites out of the rest of their collection. It comes with a detachable mini lip brush for those who like to apply with precision. The shell alone is quite heavy for any lipstick I know of. It is quite a stellar packaging isn't it?


I hope you enjoyed reading and digesting this post. Stay tuned to my next month's favourites.
Thanks for reading, xoxo!



Photographed by Vivian Chin

No comments:

Post a Comment